Thursday 15 March 2012

SEPTEMBER 2011

On 3/9/11 we went to a Prom.

On 6/9/11 we went to a Prom.

On 7/9/11 D went to Richard III at the Old Vic. I was in Brussels.

on 14/9/11 D went to Road Show at the Menier. I had to work.

On 26/9/11 we went to Faith Machine at the Royal Court. No unprompted memory. Looking at the Court website I remember it opened on a Greek island where a young woman was visiting her father, a retired bishop, on the day a church emissary (Jude Akuwudike) comes to stay. There is an earnest debate between the two men, whose subject rang bells from covering the Lambeth Conference a few years ago, but which I can't now remember. Later in the play we see the bishop much declined into dementia. He was played (rather well) by Ian McDiarmid. The young woman had a boyfriend who worked in advertising in New York to subsidise his writing; by the end he's sold out totally. Looking at Billington's review I see how little I actually remember correctly!


On 28/9/11 D went to La La La Human Steps at Sadlers Wells. I was in Brighton. Don't think she enjoyed it much.

On 30/9/11 we went to Street Scene at the Young Vic.

No comments:

Post a Comment